About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II - Virtual Visit Support Center, someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in a health-care setting. You will also assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Pediatric experience
**tech saavy is highly preferred**
This position is ONSITE in the Medical Center - and will not involve direct patient care - only virtual assistance.
• Uses appropriate evidence-based assessment, complex interviewing techniques and instruments related to ambulatory care nursing in collection pertinent patient, family, or population specific data
• Develops and continuously updates an individualized plan for patients seeking care for health promotion, health malignance, or health-related situational problems
• Prioritizes interventions and implements the plan of care in partnership with the patient, family, caregivers, and other health care professionals in a timely manner
• Conducts a reevaluation and follow-up of care delivered based on the patient’s needs, the patient’s condition, or the patient’s request
• Incorporates the patient’s families’ and caregiver’s ability to understand and participate in the plan of care
• Uses ongoing reassessment data to revise the diagnoses, expected outcomes, and implementation of the plan as needed
• Demonstrates patient advocacy as evidenced in response to patient care issues and collaboration with the health care team
• College degree preferred
• CCMA, CMA-AAM, CMA-C, EMT, EMT-A, EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-P, or LIC PAR certifications required
• NCMA, NRCMA or RMA certification required
• Two years’ related experience required
• Experience in a healthcare setting or customer service-focused industry preferred
• Outpatient clinic operations experience preferred
**any experience or exposure with tele-medicine, and assisting families trouble shoot electronic devices in order to have virtual visits with physicians is a PLUS**