About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Staff Nurse — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, supervision, and coordination of care and services for patients.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assist in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information
- Collect and document vital signs including fetal height and fetal heart rate, height/weight, and the reason for visit
- Document current medications, allergies, and whether refills have been obtained
- Inform the family of their care plan for that particular visit and anticipate any questions or concerns
- Identify patients’ needs pertaining to patient teaching, discharge planning, growth and development, nutritional screening, functional status, and pain management
- Assist the provider as directed during treatments and examinations
- Handle telephone advice from families and call in prescription refills as needed
- Assess patient and/or family for knowledge of NST procedure and testing rationale
- Palpate uterus and assess uterine activity and perform antenatal testing including non-stress tests and biophysical profiles
- Collect and process specimens according to protocol
- Serve as a patient/family advocate while caring for patients
- Coordinate patient transport to other facilities as directed
- High school diploma (or equivalent) OR a diploma in nursing required
- RN and BLS certification required
- Experience with obstetric patients, ambulatory, and leadership preferred
- EFM experience or certification is required
- 3 years Labor & Delivery experience highly preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.