About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood. To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
.Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Security Officer, Lieutenant for our Austin, TX-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will lead, motivate, train, and supervise a security team in protecting staff, patients, visitors, and assets. You will efficiently handle customer inquiries, requests for assistance and ensuring smooth traffic flow. You will also provide support to the Security Operations Manager and security department by ensuring daily security operations are conducted in an efficient manner.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists in conducting Basic Training, Department Training and In-Service Training as needed
- Assigns available personnel in an efficient manner, ensuring minimum staffing levels are achieved in accordance with departmental guidance
- Observes and reports all conditions inside and outside of the hospital for potential threats to the safety of patients, visitors, employees and medical staff
- Prepares performance evaluations to document technical proficiency, competence, and professional demeanor for the Protection Force
- Ensures hospital owned vehicles are maintained by officers and operated as defined by departmental and hospital procedures
- Responds to and assists hospital personnel with patient transport, elevator prioritization and reports during fire alarms, accidents, missing child alerts and elevator entrapments
- Attends and completes hospital and departmental required training. Successfully completes all necessary exams for initial and ongoing certifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- CommSO from the Texas Department of Public Safety-Private Security Board required within 90 days of employment
- CAHSC from the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety required within 90 days of entering the role
- Texas driver’s license required within 90 days of entering the role required
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check demonstrating a clear driving record as defined by the routine driver qualifications outlined in the Fleet Safety Policy and Procedure by the job entry date
- Must maintain a clear driving record
- Must pass a Physical Fitness Test performed by Employee Health Services and/or an affiliate by the job entry date
- 4 years security, law enforcement, or military experience required
- A bachelor’s degree may substitute for two years of the required security, law enforcement, or military experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.