About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Emergency Medical Technician - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide patient care and excellent customer service in the Emergency Center setting. Additionally, you will provide direct care duties under the guidance and direction of the Registered Nurse.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assist with suturing, spinal immobilization, obtaining specimens, airway procedures, postmortem care, and transport
- Provides one-to-one observation for psychiatric emergencies, assists with (does not apply) restraints per hospital policy
- Collaborates with Emergency Center staff to ensure efficient patient flow
- Collaborates with multiple licensed personnel and is able to prioritize delegated tasks and workload
- Turns over the exam room for next patient visit, utilizing appropriate infection control procedures
- Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients/families, visitors, peers, and other health care team members
- Ensures and participates in ongoing communication with other health care team members to enhance the patient’s plan of care
- Supports and maintains established supply levels
- High school diploma or GED required
- EMT, EMT-A, EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-P or LIC PAR certification from the Texas Department of State Health Services required
- Nursing care knowledge required
- 1-year experience as an EMT preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.