About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II for our OB/GYN Clinic— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in the organization’s setting. You will assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to customer questions with prompt information and/or services related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Perform patient registration procedures per clinic process
- Prioritize patients to be roomed based on appointment and arrival times and other clinic procedures
- Assist in the collection and documentation of patient/family data which includes biophysical and psychosocial information according to clinic scope and report any abnormal findings to RN or providers
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient test results
- Ensure that requisitions have necessary clinical, demographic, billing, and payor information
- Monitor patient flow and fill in or assign staff as necessary to avoid bottlenecks and assure minimal patient wait and alone time
Skills & Requirements
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant from the National Healthcareer Association or
- Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Advanced Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Basic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Intermediate from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- Licensed Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required or
- National Medical Assistant Certification from the National Center for Competency Testing or
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from the National Association of Health Professionals required or
- Registered Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Experience in a health care setting or customer service-focused industry preferred
- Outpatient clinic operations experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.