About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Clerical Secretary -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform receptionist and secretarial responsibilities for the unit/department and demonstrate exemplary customer service skills with all patients, families, visitors, and health care team members.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides customer service to patients/families/visitors/health care team members
- Routes calls or requests from patient/family/health care team members appropriately/courteously/efficiently as evidenced by supervisory observation and written/verbal feedback
- Demonstrates control in stressful situations and involves appropriate departmental representatives and resources necessary for effective problem resolution as evidenced by supervisory observation
- Documents and maintains accurate unit logs
- Maintains stock of all unit forms and clerical supplies and reconciles invoices at time of delivery as evidenced by supervisory observation and verbal/written feedback
- Performs daily counts on of all triage calls for monthly billing and statistics as evidenced by supervisory observation and verbal/written feedback
- Maintains knowledge of hospital/unit information, as evidenced by a combination of participation in unit meetings or review of meeting minutes
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years related experience preferred
- 6 months experience in a medical office or hospital environment preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.