About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Staff Nurse, Inpatient - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide nursing care to patients receiving a diagnostic imaging study by ensuring patient comfort and safety while collaborating with the Radiology staff to optimize patient throughput.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assesses patient prior to the initiation of sedation
- Initiates sedation and monitors patient during course of the Radiologic examination or intervention
- Recovers patient from sedation and/or interventional procedure
- Collaborates with the team members of the various modalities in achieving completion of intervention or diagnostic examination
- Educates patient and family to the intervention or diagnostic examination and discharge care
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional, interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Manages time and resources in a cost-effective manner
- Maintains professional development of self and participates in development of others
- Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas and current BLS certification is required
- 1 year of professional nursing experience
- The ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills, good time and resource management skills, flexibility, strong oral and written communication skills, knowledge of unit-specific equipment, and knowledge of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, PALS, ACLS and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Experience preferred PACU, ICU, ER, or Radiology strongly preferred
- Previous pediatric nursing experience strongly preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.