About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for our next OT/PT Technician - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide assistance to the occupational/physical therapists and physical therapy assistants in providing occupational and physical Therapy treatment programs in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients ages 0 - adulthood.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides age appropriate care for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonate, Infant, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
- Attends health, safety and training in-services and other mandatory hospital activities
- Provides set-up/clean-up of patient care area as requested by treating therapist/therapy assistant.
- Performs patient care and related activities within the scope of their training and responsibilities (demonstrating basic clinical competencies) as requested by the physical/occupational therapist or physical therapy assistant
- Coordinates patient transportation schedule with primary therapist, patient care unit and coworkers daily as assigned
- Ensures adequate inventory of linen and patient related supplies
- Cleans and disinfects hydrotherapy whirlpools utilizing established departmental protocol following each whirlpool patient
- Cleans therapy mats daily utilizing established departmental procedures
- Informs Manager or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations
- Completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent education with a basic familiarity with a medical environment preferred
- Experience with working with children in some capacity is preferred
- A current basic life support certification or schedule to attend a CPR certification course is preferred
- Demonstration of the basic clinical and non-clinical competencies
- Ability to be articulate, courteous and supportive in dealing with hospital, administrative and departmental personnel, patients and parents
- Independently support and assist in patient care by following the direction of a therapist or therapy assistant
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.