About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Decision Support Analyst -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist TCHP leadership (managers to executive leaders) in assessing the impact of strategic and financial decision points which involve modeling and data analytics of large data sets, often times summarizing into high impact communications. This position works with all levels of authority inclusive of executive and board levels, for decision making and actions.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists with maintenance of the EPSi Decision Support System
- Provides analysis of historical data (i.e. claims expense, utilization, membership, provider contract terms etc.) and
recommends actions (i.e. contract re-negotiation priorities, cost containment initiatives, etc.).
- Evaluates the health plan practices for performing this function and recommends any changes that are necessary to
support data integrity.
- Coordinates the development of alternative payment models, value-based reimbursement programs and performance goals for incentive programs and works to obtain approval of the programs in accordance with Levels of Authority and TCH policies and procedures. Ensures that plan summaries and guidelines are developed and maintained current.
- Performs daily maintenance, including posting, of charge detail and payment and adjustment transactions
- Performs monthly processing of the hospital general ledger details
- Prepares monthly reports and ad hoc requests for information from the decision support system
- Prepares monthly financial and statistical reports
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Manager of Decision Support
- Assists in the analysis and interpretation of data used in making decisions throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or healthcare required
- 2 years finance, accounting, or related business field experience required
- Advanced Excel sklls preferred
- SSRS or SQL preferred
- Epic experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.