About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Health Plan
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will bring together understanding of information systems, analytics, and healthcare operations to identify and advocate for opportunities for improvement when they arise. This role serves as a senior subject matter expert in data and its transformation into analytics and business intelligence while working on assignments of moderate to high complexity and scope. Coupled with understanding of client operations and needs, this individual participates in cross-functional meetings, projects and teams to advance initiatives.
- Good analytic skills – experience with documentation, business requirements, testing, auditing is a huge plus
- Exposure to electronic data warehouse (EDW)/Tapestry is a plus
- Familiarity of SQL for testing beneficial
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Gathers initial business requirements from clients, making recommendations based on subject matter expertise
- Analyzes and develops solutions to client business intelligence/analytics needs of moderate to high complexity and scope
- Works from new developed implementation plan or existing documentation, independently or in project team as needed
- Collaborates with data architects to bring new data or data transformations into EDW and applications
- Ensures client acceptance of new and improved applications, reports and processes, working iteratively with clients on design while validating data and accuracy of calculations and testing functionality and presentation
- Participates in clinical process/quality/business process improvement committees and project teams, providing subject matter expertise to support departmental and initiatives
- Trains clients in business intelligence applications and supports self-service capabilities of clients
- Documents all appropriate reports, applications and processes in policies and procedures using the format and application
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration, or other related field preferred
- Master’s degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other related field preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other related field can be substituted for 4 years of the general experience requirement
- A Master’s degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or other related field can be substituted for 2 years of the general experience requirement
- 7 years business intelligence/analytics/decision support including 3 years of project management experience required
- Experience analyzing and implementing solutions in a health care environment preferred
- Experience working with IS resources and leading teams preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.