About Texas Children's Hospital
The Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI) at Texas Children’s Hospital is the world’s first basic research institute dedicated to childhood neurological diseases. Building on our considerable strengths in genetics, neuroscience, and pediatrics, the NRI provides scientists with a world-class technology infrastructure carefully designed to foster collaboration among 30 to 40 basic faculty and clinician-scientists with the goal of accelerating the pace of discoveries from bench to bedside into developing treatments for childhood neurological diseases.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Billing Compliance Analyst – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll lead, review, and process clinical research billing activities for clinical trials and other clinical research studies. You will track and review clinical research billing grids, as well as pre-bid and billed charges related to clinical research. This position will interact with clinical research study teams, IS-EPIC, and Senior Billing Compliance Analysts to reduce the risk of inappropriately billing patients and/or third parties for research related services and procedures.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Communicate effectively among teams including clinical trial managers, the office of IRB, the academic office of clinical research, grants and contracts, internal audit, institutional billing, and hospital finance
- Receive initial protocol packages from principal investigators and communicate with them about research nurses and study coordinators to discuss study design
- Work closely with Senior Billing Compliance Analysts and the office of research to ensure accuracy for billing grids
- Complete timely pricing quotes for clinical trials
- Collect financial data from several institutional databases and systems, using spreadsheets and database software to analyze charges, cost, and collection data for patients participating in clinical trials
- Prepare monthly statement and invoices for review/payment per each study
- Maintain spreadsheets of study accounts and write-offs sent to financial services and patient accounting for institutional processing and tracking
- Update, process, and review clinical trials in the online medical record system
- Access institutional charge masters to provide pricing for procedures using both SIMS and CPT codes
- Manage the clinical trial management system to ensure appropriate billing modifiers are used in the billing grids
- Conduct clinical research billing audits of study records upon request
- Cross train other staff on the research billing compliance team
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Develop budgets for sponsored research projects that meet the needs of the principal investigator
- Bachelor’s degree in business, hospital administration, or a related field
- 1 year of experience in research, billing, compliance, finance, or health care administration
- Certifications in CPC, RHIA, RHIT, CCRP, and/or CRA is preferred
- Familiarity with clinical trial study design, coordination and/or management preferred.
- Knowledge of research administration and finance operations from an academic health care insitution
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.