About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Health Plan
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization
(HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program
(CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the
Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Business Operations -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide daily oversight of the Business Operations Department including the management of member eligibility, medical policy/configuration, and provider setup. You will lead and ensure successful completion and/or implementation of process improvement initiatives, strategic priorities, regulatory mandates, policies and procedures, and other operational activities for the department. This role collaborates with other department leaders to ensure cross-departmental processes and workflows that impact the Business You will also provide guidance on the development, tracking, and reporting of department performance/productivity and quality metrics.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the Business Operations Department, including the management team for member eligibility, provider setup, and medical policy/configuration. Ensure that the department has sufficient resources and operate within the approved budget for each fiscal year
- Lead and ensure successful completion and/or implementation of process improvement initiatives, strategic priorities, regulatory mandates, policies and procedures, and other operational activities for the department
- Guide the department on the development, tracking, and reporting of performance/productivity and quality metrics
- Collaborate with the Information Services Department to create a departmental dashboard that encompasses the metrics
- Collaborate with other department leaders to ensure cross-departmental processes and workflows that impact the Business Operations Department are efficient and streamlined, thoroughly documented, as well as meets regulatory requirements as needed
- Serve as the point of contact for vendors that interact with the Business Operations Department, including technical, medical, and operational partners
- Collaborate with the department managers as well as Human Resources business partners to provide trainings and other tools for the staff
- Ensure that the team members have annual performance management plans based on organizational and departmental goals
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or related field preferred
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or related field preferred
- 4 years management/leadership experience required
- 4 years Medicaid managed care and health plan operations experience, including leading and implementing strategic and process improvement initiatives
- 4 years health plan payer systems experience required
- Strong knowledge of Texas Medicaid and CHIP regulations and requirements, as well as of managed care/health plan industry
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.