About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Endoscopy Technician-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform and coordinate a variety of routine and specialized task assignments as indicated by medical orders, nursing standards, and assessment to assist the licensed nurse and physicians in rendering age-appropriate care to patients in the GIPS and other units as assigned. You will also act as resource for other departments regarding technical skills specific to the GI Procedures Suite.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs basic nursing care in accordance with nursing standards of practice / care by observing
- Assists nursing staff and physicians with routine and complex procedures as assigned by the charge nurse including, but not limited to ERCPs, GI bleeds, esophageal and pyloric dilatations
- Interacts and communicates effectively with patients, families, staff, and physicians as observed by supervisor, patient surveys, feedback from patients, families, staff, and physicians
- Utilizes CORI, Pentax, Olympus Medtronic computer systems
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the different computer systems in the unit
- Assists with clinical duties as assigned, acts as a receptionist, inputs computer data within an appropriate time frame, and uses communication skills appropriately
- Prepares patient care areas for procedures by obtaining and setting up the appropriate supplies and equipment needed for the procedure and ensuring the equipment is functioning properly
- Demonstrates cost containment and effective materials management when ordering supplies from outside vendors by communicating with the Charge Nurse/ Nurse Manager regarding budget for these supplies and maintaining established PAR levels
- Coordinates training of staff on use of GIPS equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of SGNA Advanced Associates Program preferred
- 3 years endoscopy tech experience required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.