About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Health Plan
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization
(HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program
(CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the
Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100
primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the
largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are
considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province
or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Medical Economics -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide support to the Director of Finance by creating, coordinating, and managing the operations of the Medical Economics department. This includes reviewing health cost and rate trends, impact analysis, financial trending, planning, directing, and maintaining an effective medical economics program and ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting to management and executives.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct processes required to ensure internal operational, financial and statistical analysis is timely, reliable and useful for making decisions and controlling operations, through performing analysis, reviewing work performed by staff, developing and monitoring processes and process improvement
- Direct the organization to best practice analysis with improved data base functionality and dashboard creation. Direct the maintenance and ongoing development, as well as the related communications, of data integrity to serve future analysis and ensure continued data reconciliation
- Supports the process required for the preparation the annual operational budget, which meets the expectations of leadership and receives Board approval
- Provide monthly reports, perform analysis, review work performed by staff, developing and monitoring processes and process improvement
- Provide support to the Director of Finance in the development of financial and operational models that demonstrate the health care cost and rate trends to identify variations in provider specialties, diagnosis and service categories and changes in markets/products
- Participates in the direct leadership of the Medical Economics department by coordinating training activities for staff, assuming an active role in the management of team meetings and activities and assisting in the decision-making process for departmental issues
- Identifies opportunities to change financial trends such as savings opportunities, network optimization, value-based contracting, clinical effectiveness, etc
- Ensures the ongoing development and review of departmental policies and procedures by coordinating revisions with appropriate staff, monitoring progress, and reviewing necessary changes with other members of the management team
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or healthcare-related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in financial analysis, accounting, or data analysis required
- 2 years previous management/supervisory experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.