About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Technologist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform routine and special procedures to obtain data or prepare products for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the provision of quality patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Prepares and performs tests on specimens; maintains documentation systems
· Orders supplies as needed to maintain set inventory levels and complete patient orders
· Performs and documents results of all quality control procedures according to the written guidelines in the appropriate logs and immediately quarantines any defective reagents
· Participates in the teaching of other personnel and continuing education
· Analyzes specimens in proficiency testing programs to validate procedural competencies by obtaining accurate results periodically as directed by supervisor and documented in records
· Provides age-appropriate care by following established technical protocols based on age of patient, using appropriate instrumentation, and reporting and interpreting results based on normal ranges
· Determines suitability of supplies at every step of handling from receipt to final disposition and immediately quarantines and/or discards unsuitable supplies
· Performs or assists the supervisor and other employees with troubleshooting reagent QC and instrument problems, evaluation of new instruments and procedures, and writing of new procedures
· Bachelor’s degree required
· One or more of the following certifications are required: MT-STATE, MT-AAB, MT-AMT, CLSP, IMLS, BB-ASCP, C-ASCP, H-ASCP, MLS,ASCP, MT-ASCP, M-ASCP, MB-ASCP, MP-ASCP, or MT-NCA