About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Pathology Patient Care Tech -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform phlebotomy for inpatients and outpatients at our medical facility.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Interacts with patients and parents to perform phlebotomy procedures following protocols for age appropriate care
· Performs venepuncture, fingerstick, and heelstick phlebotomy procedures including blood cultures, newborn screens, dxylose and glucose tolerances, etc. as written in the Central Receiving and Processing manual
· Greets parents and patients promptly and courteously, values customers and gives customer full attentions
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and equipment; maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Performs and participates in proficiency testing programs to validate competency as required
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and equipment, maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Documents events in the event tracker as events are discovered. Investigates circumstances around the events and document
· directs workflow and staff breaks to ensure work is processed within the established turn-around time
· High school diploma or GED required
· 1 year phlebotomist experience required