About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Manager of Patient Care Nursing, Outpatient - Woodlands Cancer/Infusion Center - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will maintain accountability for clinical and personnel activities and provide support to the Director, Medical Director and Practice Administrator for outpatient clinic operations. This position participates in the delivery of high quality, family-centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the clinic level. You will provide leadership to direct clinic patient flow, staffing and clinical quality in collaboration with physician and administrative outpatient leaders.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Coordinates and collaborates outpatient clinical operations and patient care needs with appropriate members of the healthcare team to achieve desired clinical outcomes and management of care across the continuum
• Monitors current and projected patient volumes and clinical processes via data collection and observation
• Compiles, analyzes, and presents data to diagnose process improvement opportunities and goals to team and department
• Observes, identifies, and addresses human resources issues for assigned staff
• Maintains clinical competency by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met within a Family-Centered care environment
• Supports the implementation of clinic goals (in collaboration with physician and clinic leadership) and communication of the organization’s strategic plan to staff
• Participates in clinic-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring clinical outcomes that demonstrate nursing excellence
• Provides direct patient care to support outpatient clinical operations and patient flow
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Registered Nursing License from the Texas Board of Nurses or Nurse Licensure Compact
• BLS Certificate from American Heart Association
• 2 years of nursing experience required
• 1 year of leadership experience preferred
• Hematology/Oncology and/or Infusion experience preferred