About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Business Intelligence Analyst -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide timely and effective business intelligence and analytics to support the improvement of clinical, operational, and financial performance and the fulfillment of strategic initiatives. This role partners with senior and departmental leadership to develop reports, processes, and applications to achieve client goals.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Analyzes and develops solutions to client business intelligence/analytics needs of low to moderate complexity and scope
- Refines business requirements through collaboration with client and data/business process stakeholders
- Collaborates with data architects to bring new data or data transformations into EDW and applications. Performs queries or collaborates Information Services to acquire other needed data
- Ensures client acceptance of new and improved applications, reports, and processes, working iteratively with clients on design while validating data and accuracy of calculations and testing functionality and presentation
- Develops business intelligence and process improvement expertise to clients
- Participates in clinical process/quality/business process improvement committees and project teams, developing subject matter expertise to support departmental and initiatives
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement in client, Business Intelligence, Information Services, or vendor practices and proposes solutions
- Documents all appropriate reports, applications and processes in policies and procedures using the appropriate format and application
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Health Care Administration, Business or other related field preferred
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Health Care Administration, Business or other related field preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or other related field can be substituted for four (4) years of the experience requirement
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or other related field can be substituted for two (2) years of the experience requirement
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.