About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Manager Patient Care Nursing, Inpatient – Newborn Center - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you will maintain shift accountability for clinical and personnel activities and to provide support to the Assistant Clinical Director. The Patient Care Manager participates in the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met, within a family-centered care environment
• Monitors and facilitates patient throughput to ensure the delivery of safe quality and efficient care
• Coordinates and collaborates patient care needs with appropriate members of the healthcare team to achieve desired clinical outcomes and management of care across the continuum
• Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers. Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments
• Observes, identifies, and addresses human resources issues for assigned staff. Coaches, counsels, and develops nursing staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care
• Supports the implementation of unit goals and communication of the organization’s strategic plan to staff
• Participates in unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring clinical outcomes that demonstrate nursing excellence
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
• Current RN Licensure by the Texas Board of Nurses or Nurse Licensure Compact
• BLS – Cert-Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association
• Two (2) years of acute care nursing experience
• NICU nursing experience preferred