About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Diabetes Education Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide assessment, goal setting, education and behavioral intervention, and on-going case management to patients and caregivers to promote diabetes self-management in the inpatient and ambulatory settings.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Teaches patient/family skills for diabetes self-management. Assesses patient family knowledge, individualized the education plan based on learner’s social, economic, cultural and age- appropriate need
- Evaluates patient needs at appropriate intervals and suggests appropriate management strategies, including IIM and diabetes technology
- Documents all patient care related activities within the medical record according to established guidelines and formats
- Develops and provides education materials and resources for TCH staff, patients, caregivers, and the community
- Maintains practice at appropriate levels by attending continuing education activities and staying abreast of current evidence-based practice
- Implements proper protocols for diabetes patient management
- Provides case management related services including requests for durable medical equipment, preauthorization paperwork, and coordination of care with other healthcare providers
- When appropriate a Diabetes Education Specialist with an RD/RDN credential, may assess and provide nutritional care to patients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CDCES from the Certification Board of Diabetes Care and Education required
- RN or RD license from the Commission on Dietetic Registration required
- LD from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians preferred
- 2 years professional clinical experience required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.