About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Director of Enterprise Systems -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide overall direction and leadership for the development, implementation, automation, integration, and maintenance, of enterprise clinical applications (Epic), as well as other patient care applications (research and data management). You will promote consistency and collaboration within the Enterprise application community of users and the technical support team with regard to future enhancements and ongoing production support. The Director will also develop a vision for the future that will enhance productivity, accountability, and the interchange of information throughout the IDS to support improved services and accelerate the return of technology investments.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Directs the analysis and documentation of strategic and tactical clinical initiatives translate and articulate their goals and objectives into short & long-term application strategy roadmaps
- Plans at a strategic/tactical level and manages the effective use of resources and directs assigned staff to design, develop, maintain, and implement major, highly complex system(s) and/or project(s) supporting the business and/or technology areas
- Educates and influences customers on the most effective use of technology, from both a short-term and long-term perspective
- Identifies, plans, and leads development and production activities related to the collaboration and integration of Enterprise technologies
- Ensures that human resources issues such as job descriptions and performance appraisals are appropriately addressed and completed as required
- Perform an ongoing assessment of IT capabilities of employees and contractors and IT performance on behalf of entities across the System
- Develops, monitors, and manages project budgets in a fiscally responsible manner that utilizes and allocates funds efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 7 years’ experience with information/computer technology in a corporate setting required
- 5 years managing personnel and operations in design, development, deployment, and testing of Information Services systems
- A master’s degree may substitute for 2 years of the required “experience with information/computer technology”
- Experience in a healthcare/academic setting preferred
- Preferred: Experience in Managed care, Epic, Legacy systems
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.