About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Digital Marketing Writer-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will serve as writer, editor, and content creator for internal and external print and digital communications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Plan, research, write, and edit website content
• Partner with the marketing team to determine content in priority specialty areas, establish a writing schedule, and communicate/interview clients via phone, email, and in person
• Staff writer/reporter for internal and external publications and digital media with a focus on digital demand generation and acquisition communications
• Assist team with researching and drafting, news stories and scripts for internal and external deliverables, including blog posts, videos, intranet and internet content and corporate publications, and other corporate communications under general supervision
• Coordinates with photographers, writers, public relations team, and event managers, as needed, to ensure coverage of important hospital news and events with general supervision
• Assist with editing and writing for other corporate, internal and executive communications, including global emails, website updates, blog posts, web articles, as assigned by the Director
• Draft communications that meet specific objectives, with clarity, organization, accuracy, and balance
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field required
• 3 years work experience as a writer required
• 5 years work experience as a writer preferred
• Digital agency experience preferred