About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Certified Pharmacy Technician -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist the pharmacist in the preparation related to the repackaging and compounding, filling, and delivery of medications, and other tasks associated with dispensing in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-adult). This role also assists in the procurement, record keeping, storage, and distribution of all controlled substances.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Processes prescriptions/medication orders and prepares medication
· Ensures proper distribution/delivery of pharmaceutical and supply shipments
· Ensures the doses are delivered within established departmental time-frame standards
· Completes and documents daily and monthly activity checklists including expired drug checking, cleaning assignments, and ordering supplies and forms
· Checks all available means of communication including e-mail, and mailbox every shift
· Completes all daily filing, including medication orders and stop orders
· Works with Materials and Logistics to maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies
· Assists in the implementation of new formulations for manufactured products, new repackaged products, or any product deletions including updating the Master Formulation Book in the pharmacy areas, distributing, or pulling stock, and maintaining the M&R computer program
· Performs weekly inspections of pharmacy areas to ensure adequate supply of drug accountability logs and of study drugs and in preparation of scheduled patient study visits
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· RPHT-TX certification from the State Board of Pharmacy required
· CPHT certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board preferred
· 2 years pharmacy technician experience preferred
· 40 hours of training in compounding sterile products accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education or the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists preferred