About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a House Supervisor -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring seamless patient care and campus operations that fosters family centered care available on a 24 hour a day, seven day a week basis. You will be responsible for the facilitation of patient flow, appropriate placement of patient bed assignments, requests for patient transfers, internal as well as external, and appropriate nursing unit staffing.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Ensures cost-effective and appropriate use of employee resources
- Determine hospital wide patient flow and staffing needs as evidenced by actual staffing in collaboration with local leadership
- Responds promptly to requests from the Transfer Center seeking approval for transfer/transport as evidenced by Transfer Center logs
- Ensures appropriate and timely placement of internal and external transfers for all patients requiring admission
- Coordinates the patient flow/staffing meetings to determine unit staffing needs for the next shift, facilitate appropriate placement of patients, discuss discharge activity and the importance of facilitation of discharges and reporting room availability
- Aids the nursing staff to visualize hospital needs outside of their own department in conjunction with feedback from the leadership teams in each unit
- Responds promptly to all Pyros and works in coordination with the Houston/Montgomery Fire Department to determine the need for further escalation or clearance of the situation as evidenced by feedback from the Safety Office
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
- RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- 2 years nursing experience required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.