About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Senior Sleep Center Technologist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll perform sleep studies and documents results according to facility policy and procedures. You will also perform procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials. Lastly, you will be conducting night time sleep studies.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Provides quality patient-centered neurodiagnostic sleep studies
• Communicates effectively with peers and interdisciplinary team
• Troubleshoots equipment and reports all equipment repairs as soon as the need is detected to manager, Biomedical Engineering, vendor, or other appropriate and authorized individuals
• Seeks exposure to educational opportunities to enhance professional growth and technical knowledge related to sleep related disease and neurodiagnostic practice
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Graduate of a CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program) sleep program
• BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support American Heart Association Basic Life Support
• RPSGT - Reg Polysomnographic Technology Board of Registered Polysomnographic
• Technologists (BRPT)
• RST - Registered Sleep Technologist American Board of Sleep Medicine
• 2 years of experience in pediatric polysomnography (sleep studies)