About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network, with more than 300 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 60 locations across Texas. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics (TCP) provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services close to home. TCP offers routine childhood immunizations, well visits, sick care, and other visits to support growing children and families. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant or a Certified Medical Assistant— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide clinical support for patients in the hospital’s various ambulatory settings promoting cost effective, age appropriate, safe, and high-quality family centered care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Provides general patient care
- Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per practice protocol
- Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician or site protocol
- Performs and documents scheduled quality control, instrument maintenance and calibration procedures according to manufacturer information
- Collects specimens and performs laboratory tests
- Documents all clinical patient phone calls per the organization’s recommendations
- Screens presenting patient complaint per practice protocol, using electronic health record for documentation
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from a medical assistant or emergency medical technician program
- BLS - American Heart Association
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical assistant/outpatient care tasks, and customer service concepts
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, and operate basic medical equipment
- 1 year of related experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred: One of the following certifications:
- CCMA - Cert-Cert Clinical MA - CCMA National Health Career Association (NHA)
- CMA-AAM - Cert-Cert Medical Assistant American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- CMA-C - Clinical Medical Assistant Certification American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
- EMT - Emergency Medical Techn Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-A - Advanced EMT Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-B - Emergency Medical Techn-Basic Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-I - Emergency Medical Techn-Interm Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-P - Emergency Medical Techn-Parame Texas Department of State Health Services
- LIC PAR - Lic-Paramedic Texas Department of State Health Services
- NCMA - National Cert Med Assistant National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- NRCMA - Nat Reg Cert Med Assistant National Association of Health Professionals (NAHP)
- RMA - Registered Medical Assistant American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.