About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Technical Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will oversee workflow and perform quality assurance duties. This role also may serve as team leader, scheduler, and primary trainer.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Performs specimen testing, quality control, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting and of the associated specimen testing processes, procedures and documentation performed in the section
· Performs routine and special test procedures accurately according to the policies & procedures, recognizing and troubleshooting questionable orders and results
· Manages projects in collaboration with medical staff and other personnel as negotiated by Medical Director; collaborates with medical director as appropriate in applied research and publications
· Performs or assists with the performance and documentation of quality control procedures and monitors and submits timely reports to the supervisor and/or assistant director and maintains validity of processes/results
· Assists with the development of processes/written procedures required for the implementation of new or modified testing and quality program essentials
· Performs or supervises performance and documentation of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the instruments and equipment in the section; maintains record keeping system
· Acts as lead trainer in section, assisting the supervisor or supervisor in creating and producing training materials and assessment tools, assists supervisor or supervisor to create and perform annual competency testing and assures 100% of staff is assessed
· Takes inventory and orders supplies in Material Management’s system, monitors expiration dates
· Performs laboratory in-charge duties on weekends and holidays in the absence of supervisorial or administrative personnel
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical, or biological science or applied administration required
· A master’s degree or higher in biological, chemistry or laboratory science may substitute for one year of the required experience
· BB-ASCP, C-ASCP, CLSP-NCA, H-ASCP, HT-ASCP, HTL-ASCP, M-ASCP, MB-ASCP, MLS-ASCP, MP-ASCP, MT-AMT, MT-ASCP, MT-NCA, or MT-STATE certification preferred
· One of the above certifications may substitute for one year of the required experience
· 3 years laboratory setting applicable to their area of responsibility required