About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Physical Therapist for our Kingwood Outpatient Clinic-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will plan, evaluate, organize and implement Physical Therapy (PT) treatment programs in a developmentally and age-appropriate manner for patients ages 0 - adulthood.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Completes patient evaluations and reassessments in accordance with hospital and department guidelines
- Develops an individualized plan of care based upon evaluation/reassessment findings according to hospital and departmental guidelines
- Provides clinical support to assigned outpatient clinic or specialty program
- Provides successful mentorship opportunities to less experienced staff (in area of specialty) as determined by evaluations completed by the “learner”
- Documents patient information in Electronic Medical Record according to hospital and departmental guidelines with no more than six (6) errors per year
- Provides clinical leadership role as a clinical instructor for at least 1 professional student per year
- Informs manager or designee of all unsafe and potentially unsafe situations, patient/personal injury, anticipated problems and unusual situations
- Actively participates in the development and gathering of Quality Improvement information
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Degree in Physical Therapy required
- PT certification from the state of Texas required
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association preferred
- 2 years clinical experience OR 1 year medical residency experience preferred
- Experience in developmental, pediatric GI or women's health preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.