About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Diet Technician -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide support to the clinical nutrition staff in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Screens/rescreens patients for nutrition risk per established criteria
· Documents results in medical record and makes appropriate referrals to the Clinical Dietitian as per guidelines
· Communicates effectively with clinical, medical and diet office staff, responding to patient's nutritional needs
· Provides dietitian with pertinent information regarding food concerns, eating difficulties and other nutritional problems in a timely manner
· Provides age-appropriate patient education and menu adjustments to support the patient care plan
· Provides education related to formula preparation, food/drug interactions, healthy eating guidelines and single restriction diets as assigned
· Collects and inputs data
· Collects and inputs data for Departmental Quality Control Plan as assigned including formula room or sample audits, NPO/CL monitoring and food/drug interaction education compliance monitoring
· Adjusts care to accommodate all age groups including neonates, infants, toddler, preschool age, school age, adolescent, and adult.
Skills & Requirements
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· Technical diploma from a dietetic educational program, bachelor’s degree in a nutrition related field, Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered (NDTR) issued by the Commission for Dietetic Registration, or Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) issued by the Commission for Dietetic Registration required