About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
We are searching for a Patient Access Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide assistance within a comprehensive guest services program that helps meet the unique needs of members and families to include appointment assistance, directions, transportation, and problem resolution. You will also manage and respond to all customer inquiries regarding member accounts and ensure appropriate issue resolution.
Think you’ve got what it takes
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Greets patients, members, and families upon arrival and directs them to their destination
· Schedules appointments per practice protocol. Advises Care Team of issues with requests for same day appointments
· Investigates family barriers in order to achieve appointment compliance
· Answers telephone calls, assesses needs and determines appropriate actions for account resolution
· Serves as the change fund custodian by counting the change fund and document in accordance with organizational policies and procedures that the fund has been counted at the beginning and end of each business day or shift
· Updates guarantor and patient demographics, insurance information, requests, and payment arrangement information as needed
· Achieves desired outcomes as identified in assignment, program, or other initiative team goals, as well as individual goals, to achieve performance targets
· Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
Skills & Requirements
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· High school diploma or GED required
· College degree preferred
· 2 years customer service or business experience, preferably in a healthcare environment required