About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Supervisor of Pharmacy Inventory -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform and coordinate activities related to the procurement, record keeping, storage, and distribution medications by associated technical personnel. This role will assist the department by overseeing the operations, record keeping, auditing, and documentation of medications within the automated dispensing machines (ADMs).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Oversees daily activities related to the ordering, receiving, and distribution of all medications and supplies
· Serves as liaison between Manager, Pharmacy Inventory and the pharmacy areas/nursing stations to assist in appropriate and timely delivery of items
· Maintains activities associated with ensuring compliance and appropriate inventory control
· Performs routine visits to patient care and pharmacy areas to ensure compliance with controlled substance policies and procedures
· Assists in the oversight of operations for the Pharmacy Automated Dispensing Machines
· Oversees adequate par levels of medications are maintained in the ADMs as documented through Par vs. Usage reports and as evidenced by lack of inventory complaints from nursing and/or pharmacy areas
· Completes and documents Daily Weekly, and Monthly Activity Checklists, including expired drug checking, cleaning assignments, and ordering supplies and forms
· Participates in the education and training of pharmacy students and new employees as documented on the objectives and competencies form
· Checks all available means of communication including e-mail and mailbox every shift
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· RPHT-TX certification from the State Board of Pharmacy required
· 2 years pharmacy technician experience preferred