About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Department Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide departmental support, which could include administrative support for Assistant Directors and/or other faculty/physicians and leaders.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Answers telephones in a professional manner, takes accurate messages and transfers calls to the appropriate party in a courteous and timely manner
• Develops and maintains a system for tracking and restocking office supply inventory that insures a constant and adequate supply of necessary operational supplies required for personnel and for all office machines and stores them in an orderly, easily retrievable manner
• At the direction of departmental personnel, initiates and processes Purchase Orders and Check Requests as needed, in accordance with policies and procedures, and maintains the prescribed annual records of these transactions
• Prepares confidential minutes and reports, general correspondence and other written documentation, forms, charts, etc. using appropriate applications/software
• Notifies department personnel regarding issues, scheduled changes for departmental meetings and other information related to coordination of departmental activities
• Files and maintains departmental records
• Maintains conference room schedules. Receives requests via e-mail or phone and enters or confirms them within 24 hours after initial inquiry
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 2 years secretarial experience, preferably in a healthcare environment required