About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Endoscopy Technician West Campus -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform and coordinate a variety of routine and specialized task assignments as indicated by medical orders, nursing standards, and assessment to assist the licensed nurse and physicians in rendering age-appropriate care to patients in the GIPS and other units as assigned. You will also act as resource for other departments regarding technical skills specific to the GI Procedures Suite.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs basic nursing care in accordance with nursing standards of practice / care by observing
- Assists nursing staff and physicians with routine and complex procedures as assigned by the charge nurse including, but not limited to ERCPs, GI bleeds, esophageal and pyloric dilatations
- Interacts and communicates effectively with patients, families, staff, and physicians as observed by supervisor, patient surveys, feedback from patients, families, staff, and physicians
- Utilizes CORI, Pentax, Olympus Medtronic computer systems
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the different computer systems in the unit
- Assists with clinical duties as assigned, acts as a receptionist, inputs computer data within an appropriate time frame, and uses communication skills appropriately
- Prepares patient care areas for procedures by obtaining and setting up the appropriate supplies and equipment needed for the procedure and ensuring the equipment is functioning properly
- Demonstrates cost containment and effective materials management when ordering supplies from outside vendors by communicating with the Charge Nurse/ Nurse Manager regarding budget for these supplies and maintaining established PAR levels
- Coordinates training of staff on use of GIPS equipment
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of SGNA Advanced Associates Program preferred
- 3 years endoscopy tech experience required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.