About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 14,000+dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients. Work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to render age appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
- Collaborates with clinic staff to ensure efficient patient flow
- Provides high quality, cost-effective patient care in collaboration with clinicians and in conjunction with the patient/family
- Collects and processes specimen according to manufacturer instructions and using proper technique
- Completes check out for patients and families
- Monitors patient flow and fills in or assigns staff as necessary to avoid bottleneck and assure minimal patient wait and alone time
- Ensures proper environment of care by observing and enforcing infection control policies in administering care, and promoting safety of all patients and personnel
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED required
- BLS certification with American Heart Association required
- 2 years of clinical patient care experience required
- One of the following certifications is required:
- CMA-AAM - Cert-Cert Medical Assistant American Association of Medical Assistants
- CMA-C - Clinical Medical Assistant Certification American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
- EMT - Emergency Medical Techn Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-A - Advanced EMT Texas Department of State Health Services Or
- EMT-B - Emergency Medical Techn-Basic Texas Department of State Health Services Or
- EMT-I - Emergency Medical Techn-Interm Texas Department of State Health Services Or
- EMT-P - Emergency Medical Techn-Parame Texas Department of State Health Services Or
- LIC PAR - Lic-Paramedic Texas Department of State Health Services Or
- NCMA - National Cert Med Assistant National Center for Competency Testing Or
- NRCMA - Nat Reg Cert Med Assistant National Association of Health Professionals Or
- RMA-AAH : American Allied Health American Allied Health Or
- RMA-AMT : American Medical Technologist American Medical Technologist Or
- RMA-AAMP : American Association of Medical Personnel American Association of Medical Personnel Or
- RMA-ARMA : American Registry of Medical Assistants American Registry of Medical Assistants
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.