About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Ambulatory Services-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide accountability for the clinical, administrative, and human resources activities for the designated clinical area(s). This position ensures the delivery of high quality, developmentally appropriate patient and family centered care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Partners with staff, medical and unit leadership to ensure clinical excellence within a family centered care environment, utilizing multiple sources of information and reports as evidenced by trend identification and action plan development
- Demonstrates astute fiscal accountability, for area of clinical responsibility, as evidenced by the appropriate management and justification of resources, which includes personnel, equipment, supplies and capitol
- Identifies, facilitates, and participates in performance improvement projects that enhance and ensure safe patient care delivery systems as measured by improved and sustained outcomes and compliance with policies and procedures
- Creates and facilitates collaboration and cooperation among diverse groups, people and professional disciplines to achieve desired results
- Commits to the on-going development of self, unit leadership team and staff to achieve professional goals
- Ensure that Joint Commission requirements specific to your department are fulfilled but also understand the linkage between your department’s requirements and those of the Integrated Delivery System
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to ensure all Joint Commission requirements are met
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare related field required
- MHA, MBA, or clinical background preferred
- 3 years of healthcare experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2 years management/leadership experience required
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Healthcare Administration (MHA) will substitute for two (2) years of health care field experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.