About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and affordable after-hours patient care in nine convenient community locations across the greater Houston area. Texas Children’s Urgent Care has also expanded to serve the children and families of Austin, Texas, with its first community location in South Austin. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and conditions, including: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns, influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions and more. We also provide procedures such as antibiotic injections, breathing treatments, fracture care and splinting, IV (intravenous) fluids, lab services, laceration repair and x-rays on-site. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Front Office Specialist I – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position. You will gather information. You will also work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to render population-appropriate care for low-acuity pediatric patients. Additionally, you will coordinate the referral process, enter accurate billing information into system, and transmit accurate claims.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Greets patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Creating SMILES philosophies and AIDET principles.
• Assists patients with check in/check out.
• Answers telephone within three (3) rings and directs calls per practice protocol.
• Documents complete and error free messages in telephone encounter and routes to appropriate area per practice protocol.
• Keeps hold time to less than one (1) minute.
• Receives less than three (3) customer service complaints during evaluation period.
• Assists the patient, when requested, in the completion of forms or other requested documents.
• Ensures all necessary patient forms are completed for the visit and scanned into electronic health record.
• Communicates with patient, staff, and providers regarding arrivals, delays, and practice processes.
• Alerts practice staff and provider of any changes or discrepancies in patient’s scheduled appointments.
• Proactively approaches dissatisfied customers and implements customer service recovery measures.
• Tasks are measured by observation of the evaluator and feedback from the providers.
• Review billing information
• Coordinate referrals
• Schedule appointments
• Monitor patient information and other practice data
• Processes patient payments
• Maintains integrity of electronic health record.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.