About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an ECHO Sonographer III — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform high-quality and complex echocardiographic exams. You will independently perform TEE studies on patients that range in age from neonates to adults.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Perform high-quality echocardiographic exams and collaborate with the cardiology staff to make accurate diagnoses of complex congenital and acquired pediatric heart abnormalities
• Assist and participate with the technical echocardiographic training of technologists, Pediatric Fellows, and visitors
• Perform daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment, and ensure all supplies and equipment are checked for deficiencies and safe for operation
• Demonstrate customer service skills and collaborate with departmental staff and other health care professions to ensure high-quality patient care
• Engage in quality assurance control on the team while monitoring the completion of all departmental, regulatory, and professional training requirements as designated
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Technical diploma from a school of ultrasound (e.g., Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or a bachelor’s degree in biological science
• Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Registered Cardiac Sonographer with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer with Sonography Canada
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an echo sonographer with two (2) years in a pediatric environment