About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Technologist—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position you’ll perform technical laboratory procedures, analyze statistical data, and report results to be used for prediction and diagnoses of disease and provision of quality patient care. We need someone who can provide age appropriate care by following established technical protocols based on age of patient, using appropriate instrumentation, and report and interpreting results based on normal ranges.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs specimen testing and maintains documentation systems
- Organizes workload to prioritize specimen samples using first-in-first out so that patient results are released within 60 minutes from time of receipt
- Performs routine and special test procedures accurately according to the policies & procedures, recognizing and troubleshooting questionable orders and results, delta checking and repeating tests when necessary
- Follows standard work per job guidance sheets and walk patterns to improve timeliness and quality of laboratory testing
- Performs and documents blood inventory activities, blood selection for patient use, and component processing
- Performs and documents quality control procedures, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Processes and packages specimens for shipping to the Main Campus other reference labs
- Performs phlebotomy procedures
- Orders, labels, and processes specimens for testing in laboratory
- Analyzes College of American Pathologists (CAP) and other proficiency testing samples and obtains accurate results in a timely manner
- Bachelor of science degree
- One of the following is also required:
- Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) by ASCP, NCA,AMT, or CLS
- Certification as a Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) by ASCP
- Certification as a Clinical Lab Specialist (CLS) by NCA
- Certification in Molecular Biology (MB), Molecular Pathology (MP), Blood Banking (BB), Chemistry (C), Hematology (H), or Microbiology (M) by ASCP
- Valid Medical Technologist license from any state
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.